- Topic: (choose one topic)
- 1. How volcanoes affect the climate of neighboring settlements.
- 2. Melting of glaciers and the consequences.
- 3. Composition and structure of the atmosphere in industrial cities.
- Paper Format:
- · APA Style
- · Length: 8 Pages
- · Typed using 1” Margins; Double-spaced; 12 point font.
- · Include: Your Name; Course Name; Instructor’s Name; Title; and Date.
- · Footnotes: Required
- · Works Cited: Required
- · Use at least three (3) outside sources (books, articles, commentaries).
- Introductory Paragraph:
- Introduce your topic and clearly make a strong thesis statement, which is what you plan to prove or explain in your essay.
- Organizing Ideas:
- · Thesis statement forms the basis of the essay
- · Decide on a few key ideas that express your thesis statement
- · Each of these key ideas can become their own paragraphs
- · Develop your ideas in each paragraph by using examples, giving details, and using quotes
- · The use of the first person “I” is not appropriate for a research essay.
- Body of the Paper:
- · Present your ideas in a logical way with references to texts.
- Concluding Paragraph:
- · Reiteration of your thesis statement and summary of your arguments or points.
- · Conclude.