HSA405 WK 7
Week 7 eActivity
· Go to Aetna’s Website and watch the video titled “Health Care Reform: What is a health insurance exchange?” (6 min 43 s), located at http://www.aetna.com/health-reform-connection/reform-explained/video-exchanges.html. Be prepared to discuss.
“Health Reform” Please respond to the following:
· Examine two (2) efforts at health reform in the United States that occurred during the 1900s. Determine the major political and social factors that influenced the outcomes for each. Support your rationale with specific examples of such influence.
· From the e-Activity, compare and contrast at least two (2) pros and cons of developing a state health insurance exchange. Speculate on which exchange you believe would be most beneficial for the majority of the insured in your state. Provide support for your rationale.
The Affordable Care Act” Please respond to the following:
· Analyze at least two (2) new provisions to the Affordable Care Act. Interpret the implications of these new provisions for access to care for families. Provide specific examples of such implications to support your rationale.
· Appraise the inherent impact of at least (2) Affordable Care Act quality initiatives on quality of care for both the consumer and the healthcare provider. Support your response with specific examples of the effects on both aforementioned groups.